Town car heater?

Folks, I own a 1996 Lincoln town car an have a problem with the heater. It will not regulate the heat. After it is warmed up and set at 72 degrees the heat coming out of the vents is over 140 degrees. Never changes.
Diagnosed at a repair shop that the heater control in the dash was bad so I bought a used one and replaced it. Same problem. then I took it to a Ford dealer and he said it was the heater control. I explained to him that I replaced it and he said the replacement was bad. SOOO, I had him replace it with a new one at 600 dollars. Same problem.
I have accessed this forum before and you folks have never let me down. Can you please help me on this one?
Thanks for your time, Bruce...

Folks, > I own a 1996 Lincoln town car an have a problem with the heater. > It will not regulate the heat. After it is warmed up and set at 72 degrees > the heat coming out of the vents is over 140 degrees. Never changes. > > Diagnosed at a repair shop that the heater control in the dash was bad so I > bought a used one and replaced it. Same problem. then I took it to a Ford > dealer and he said it was the heater control. I explained to him that I > replaced it and he said the replacement was bad. SOOO, I had him replace it > with a new one at 600 dollars. Same problem. > > I have accessed this forum before and you folks have never let me down. Can > you please help me on this one? > > Thanks for your time, > Bruce...
quite possibly the blend door actuator. a little electronic motor on the heater case that controls the movement of the temperature door.