Turn Signal or Bulb?

I have a 1992 Ford Tempo. It just started doing this thing where the left-turn signal doesn't "flicker," it just glows steadily. On the other
hand, if you apply the emergency flashers, it does flicker.
Is this likely the bulb, or something else? If it's "something else," is it apt to be expensive? And lastly--why in the world do they make that bulb so tough to get to? The whole engine is practically in the way.
LRH
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:07:54 -0700, "Larry R Harrison Jr"

prolly has 2 flashers one for hazard one for signal one is prolly shot
i suggest synthetic blinker fluid http://www.kalecoauto.com/fluids.htm
hurc ast
normaly that is an indication you have a bulb out. there is not enough current to opperate the relay, so it stays on.. check all bulbs, and if that is not the problem than you will need to change the flasher. also, ignore the asshole from cahnahdah, he has been drinking to much of that synthetic blinker fluid

Thanks for the advice. By the way, how easy is it to change the flasher, where is it etc?
LRH

I found the particular bulb (2396) and swapped the left & right in the back. The behavior didn't change any at all.
LRH