UK 97 Mondeo Alarm. How to deactivate please.

I just bought a 97 (R reg) Mondeo from the auctions. Everything seems fine but the alarm is a bit quick to go off. I found the horn in the boot (trunk
to you americans) and disconnected it but the hazards still flash. Is there a way to disable the alarm altogether? Its got a chip key so its not as if anyone can nick it anyway. Stu
stuiffer(at)postmaster(dot)co(dot)uk
Stuiffer wrote:

There's another alarm sensor under the hood (bonnet).
if you disconnect the bonnet swich ,every time you lock the doors the alarm wont be armed(it thinks the bonnet is open)
the bonnet switch is a common problem on the alarm system anyway!
Thanks for that people. Will get that sorted at the weekend Thanks again Stu