Vinyl tops

Gentlemen,

I have a 87 Town Car with a full vinyl top.

I was thinking of removing the vinyl..

Is there anything else that I should do, besides paint?

How will it look?, Has any one done this before?

Any help will be appreciated

Thx, and all the best for 2005!

Reply to
Spark

Don't be surprised to find a fair amount of rust underneath the top if the vinyl has any cuts or nicks. The vinyl usually has padding under it, which is glued to the roof. Getting all of the glue off to paint it is quite a chore. If the vinyl top still looks good, why not leave well enough alone?

Reply to
max-income

Reply to
Spark