Vinyl seat seam

The seam on the vinyl seal of my '96 is coming apart, and other than pulling the seat completely apart, what's the best method for arresting the unraveling and repairing the stitching? No torn vinyl or anything, just a seam coming apart. Thanks!

Reply to
carl mciver

tape it with duct tape

Reply to
bell

That's a simple repair for an upholstery shop. My dad runs a small uphostery shop out of his 2-car garage, and he does repairs like this pretty frequently for local car dealers who are detailing a trade-in. Just a few hours of time to remove the seat cover, restitch and re-install. Not that expensive, if you catch it now before it gets worse. Check your local Yellow Pages for an upholstery shop near you and give them a call.

Reply to
FORDification

I agree. Do it right, do it once. A good upholsterer should be able to hit the same holes in the vinyl and will then continue to reinforce the rest of the seam.Chances are that the rest of the thread is going to tear out in the not too distant future since this part has already weakened. If you do a patch job on it, it will most likely come back to haunt you.

Kate

| >> The seam on the vinyl seal of my '96 is coming apart, and other | >>than pulling the seat completely apart, what's the best method for | >>arresting the unraveling and repairing the stitching? No torn | >>vinyl or anything, just a seam coming apart. | >> Thanks! | >

| > tape it with duct tape | >

| | That's a simple repair for an upholstery shop. My dad runs a small | uphostery shop out of his 2-car garage, and he does repairs like this | pretty frequently for local car dealers who are detailing a trade-in. | Just a few hours of time to remove the seat cover, restitch and | re-install. Not that expensive, if you catch it now before it gets | worse. Check your local Yellow Pages for an upholstery shop near you and | give them a call.

Reply to
SVTKate