whant to bypass anti-thief on a windstar 2002

can some-one tell me where is the anti-thief relay on a windstar 2002 , so i can bypass it

thank's in advance for all your help

patrice

Reply to
patrice

There is no anti-theft "relay" per se, and the system is not easily by-passable. The easiest way to bypass it is to attach a transponder (with or without the key) to the steering column close to the lock cylinder and then use a plain key for starting. (I get the feeling you have misplaced the transponder keys for your van?)

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Why? Does your neighbor have one that you want to borrow?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Either that or he is looking to steal one LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

no i dont whant to steal one , it is just that that van is driven by 4 different driver and i had to replace 5 key's since 2002 , so i'mmtrying to bypass the system so any key will do

i tried to put the key touching the cylinder , but the van does not start , is there a specific place the the key should touch so it will start with any key

or can i jump the ignition wire so when i turn the key the 12 v is going directly to the solenoid of the starter

Reply to
patrice

you could also remove the current key switch twist the wires together and replace with a plain keyswitch worked in my windstar, i thought

80.00 a key was rediculous good thing wasnt a vette theyre 200.00
Reply to
IRONMDN35