what would make the stock radio not work in a 93 Ford Taurus?

I am trying to figure out why my moms radio does not work, it turns on but there is just static? Does anyone have any ideas to trouble shoot this problem or do i need to buy a new radio?
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If there is just static, a bad connection to the antenna would seem to be a likely cause.
Jeff
The radio turns on but there is just static. Does anyone have any ideas to troubleshoot this problem or do I need a new radio? _____________________________________________________
If there is just static, a bad connection to the antenna would seem to be a likely cause.
Jeff
In a poor reception area, AM radio reception will be just static. Check to see if it was accidentally switched from FM to AM.
Rodan.