what would make the stock radio not work in a 93 Ford Taurus?

I am trying to figure out why my moms radio does not work, it turns on but there is just static? Does anyone have any ideas to trouble shoot this problem or do i need to buy a new radio? Thanks.

Reply to
kdw1963

If there is just static, a bad connection to the antenna would seem to be a likely cause.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

wrote: (93 Ford Taurus radio static)

The radio turns on but there is just static. Does anyone have any ideas to troubleshoot this problem or do I need a new radio? _____________________________________________________

If there is just static, a bad connection to the antenna would seem to be a likely cause.

Jeff

In a poor reception area, AM radio reception will be just static. Check to see if it was accidentally switched from FM to AM.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan