Will Duct tape hold? - Broken motor mount

I just found out my motor mounts are broke on my Ford F150 pickup. I had a friend gun the engine and the whole thing jumped, and began to tip sideways. I am not in the mood to repair this in the cold so I
hope I can wait till spring. In the meantime, I just took a whole large roll of duct tape and wrapped it around my engine and down under the frame. I have not driven it yet, but I will in a few hours when I go to work. Do you think this will hold my engine in place until the weather gets warm? (This is a 400 engine) Note. I wrapped around the engine twice. Between the carb and distributor and also in the back where it got a good grip around the block and the exhaust pipes. Then I wrapped some tape around the starter to the frame too. It seems pretty secure.
Thank You
Bob
These troll questions are always food for thought even though the poster is merely playing with us and himself. In an emergency, there might be a way to wrap plumbing hanger tape around the frame and some available portion of the mount and bolt it together. I attached my front sway bar bushing using same to with a custom bracket to bridge frame rust and was surprised to see it hold for years now. When you talk emergency, there is often a way for people who practice at these situations. In the poster's case, the need is more psycholocigal and probably chronic rather than emergency.

Almost all newer vehicles have a built in safety to keep the engine in place if a mount breaks.
Al

What would that built in safety be?
Al Bundy wrote:

Nice turn around Al Bundy! I made a field fix on a motor mount with a piece of chain and padlock once when the lower retaining nut fell off. Maybe this would help hold the OPs dunce cap on.

AND.. If his foil hat keeps falling off, then I can highly recommend flex-duct metallic tape available at Lowes. Cheaper that regular metallic tape and more flexible, but with the same adhesive properties.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

No, no, no... Everybody knows that metallic tape will interfere with the inductive flux of the foil cap, thus reducing it's effectiveness. If this happens, the mind controlling government and their celestial cronies can make their invasion. Backyard, you need to stop posting about things you have no knowledge of. Get a clue, loser. If you would just once pick up a copy of the Enquirer and actually read it, you wouldn't make light of such a grave conspiracy!!! Are you just here to TROLL??? We are all in danger. You are just such a ......damn, I can't remember any more of the common childish usenet putdowns............so there! I guess I told you. ;)
Tom Adkins wrote:

Jeez, it was an honest mistake. Take it easy on him. What I do is use the metallic tape in a loop to make it two-sided. This way you can put it under the foil hat thus making the tape inert, and leaving the mind control blocking properties intact. I think it works just fine. My friends tell me I'm paranoid but I don't trust them.
Al Bundy wrote:

I thought he was going to say, he gunned the engine and slid the roll of duct tape under the mounting clip...you know, replaced the old bushing
snipped-for-privacy@noemail.com wrote:

Of coarse it will hold. Everyone knows duct tape will fix anything!
LMAO
Might as well slather a little gorilla glue on there as well. I've yet to see anything held together by it come apart.
ShoeSaleman wrote:

Duct tape is not designed to be used that way, you need to use unobtianium tape. It is only sold at proffessional parts stores like Target. It is far stronger and more elastic. It as far greater ability to withstand heat so do not be afraid to wrap it around the exhaust.
and that's where you are wrong!!!! you can get unobtianium tape at any of the better auto parts supply stores like pep boys, Strauss, and wall mart. just stay away from those rip-off joints like Napa, national, AutoZone, krakens. those pimple faced parts jockeys don't know their butts from a hole in the ground!!!

tape.
stronger
That is purely a regional thing the distrubitors of unobtianium tape are very exclusive and demanding with the vendors.

snipped-for-privacy@noemail.com wrote:

is this Red GREEN? (canadian comedian .... funny show uses duct tape a lot)
What were you thinking???? Don't you think maybe the exhaust manifolds get very hot? I think you wasted your time. Motor mounts are not that hard to replace.