Duct Tape and Root Beer

Here I am...upset that I've snapped the Y pipe (under the back seat on the driver side) right off !! Shot off some emails, called some local "experts" and started questioning if I really needed heat in the front of the car.

So today I decided to peel off all the nasty insulation and silver duct tape and see just what it was I had torn up.......

Duct tape and A & W Root beer !!!! Got to love those PO's !!!

Susan S.

74 Std Betty
Reply to
Susan S.

I can't even figure out the reason for some of the stuff that was done to my bus by PO's.

-- Christian '71 Bus -- Turtle

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

Duct tape not a good material for warm or hot pipes, regardless of its design intent. You might want to consider another material.

Reply to
johnboy

Yep, not too keen on putting the duct tape back on. Was told that the tape made for mufflers would work good in this spot. Think so ? What about reattaching it to the wall and heater channel ?

Susan S

Reply to
Susan S.

I have a friend who is a retired heat and air-conditioning guy, and those people can bend and shape sheetmetal in ways that amazes me. If you could find a sympathetic craftsman, he'd whip up a solution in no time. I kind of like the cut beer can approach. Just be sure to place the seams so that the flow of air encourages the flow in the right direction. I guess we need a drawing here.

Reply to
johnboy

No, I get what you mean.....air flow must be from small pipe into larger pipe or it will leak out the seams. Hmmmmmm now where's that beer can.

Susan S.

Reply to
Susan S.

I've used Aluminum tape on the heat system before and it worked good. I bought it years ago at Harbor Freight.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:38:43 -0500, "johnboy" scribbled this interesting note:

Sheet metal and HVAC foil tape. I love the stuff.

John Willis

So you're saying that you don;t need a part now???

I thought we were talking about the bakelite part under the rearend. The Y-Pipe yopu show, doesn;t look damaged at all. What's wrong with it?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®