Windstar 2000 problems

My 2000 3.8 Ford Windstar is doing strange things. First, at startup, the seatbelt alarm sounds even with the passengers strapped and the icon in the dash that represents the doors of the van, show an open door even with the
doors closed. The ABS light is randomly turning on, but the most annoying thing is that the wippers start to move and I can't turn them of by the control. Please, any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
DDraco
Miguel wrote:

Sounds like you got a real GEM of a problem!
Bob
Use some WD40 on the door latches. Squirt 'em good, then open and close the doors several times. This should clear up the door and seat belt idiot light problems.
Do the turn signals work? The wipers and the turn signal run on that multi switch. Might be time to replace the wiper switch.
The ABS light is not something I can help with. Sorry.
Greg

the
Ouch. Some ugly electrical problems there, but not critical. Get a new switch. Lube the latches with WD40 - do NOT use white lithium grease. It only makes it worse. The ABS problem may be as simple as cleaning and adjusting the clearance on the ABS sensors. The front are not normally a problem, but the rear ones are prone to collecting all kinds of dirt, grease and metal fillings/dust. Take the rear drums off, take a peek at the sensor tip and clean it off.. The metal and dirt will degrade the signal level getting to the sensor. Easier still, ask for a read-out of the ABS sensors at the dealer. They and you can go for a drive and watch the feedback from each of the four sensors. My bet is on the rear sensors. Replacement cost is ~ $73.00 + tax Cdn, so its worth the little effort to clean them first.
Sandy