2000 Ford Windstar won't move:

Hi a buddy has a 2000 Ford Windstar 3.8L with 75,000 miles on it and it will not move in any forward gear selected, only reverse. The automatic transmission fluid appears clean and full, and the transmission was serviced at the 60,000 mile interval. Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks,

Bush

Reply to
Kenny

My first thought would be to check if the linkage somehow got loose. After that it usually gets internal and spendy.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Ford is notorious for bad automatic transmissions. It sounds like one of your clutch paks burned out. I would check on a used trans at a junk yard. You could also check with a local trans shop on their price if you do the removal and re-install. You can sometimes save a lot of money that way. Pat

Reply to
Pat