2004 Focus Annoyances

Very slow to warm up - idling at -20 for 15 minutes, lukewarm air from blower, engine temp on min. Is this normal?
Signal ticker BLOODY LOUD!! Any way around this stupid thing? Maybe they
tried to warn pedestrians... (motorcycles have something like that)
I have a 2004 focus and I have never had a car that warms up so fast . The only thing that I can see that would cause this is thermostat stuck open . Your car should be under warrentee so I hope that your dealer will fix it for you . The ticker on my car sounds like the top off of a vacume sealed juice bottle but I don't think that ist is loud

I heard they had made it much louder recently. Find the sound emitter (loudspeaker) and put a bit of electrical tape over the output opening. /per
How cold is it out side?

Sorry, -20? That's cold. Probably normal. What is the temperature of the air coming out of the nozzles?

its -20 c dude.... ambient temperature playes a large role in a car warming up.. when you drive it i bet it gets warmer... engine at higher rpms etc...
Remember it is likely a 4cyl they dont make much heat and the heat that is producedces gets taken away by such cold air temps... Id say its running good, but then again all small engine cars take a long time to warm up from my experience.
Warm it up enough so the oil comes to temp.. then drive it.. thats what i did with my old cars.. now i got a 8cyl engine.. the heat stays in it.
Ken

At minus 18 C. my daughters Focus puts out more heat, and quicker, than my 200hp Sable. Gerry

interesting.. maybe all the older 4 cyl cars i owned had lower temp thermistats.. i dont really know
Just going on what i knew happened with me
Kenny

My 2000 warms up almost immediately. I agree with the previous poster that you may have a thermostat issue (cheap fix). jor

synthetic oil). Warms up quickly. Thermostat?
Ron

Completely normal. It simply doesn't get very hot until you start working the engine. It usually takes 2-5 minutes of driving to get useable heat (dependent on outside temps). Usually it won't reach peak temperatures for another 10 minutes thereafter.
Retrofitting an engine block heater might be the only that would really help you much, particularly up in your neck of the woods.
Drive it like u stole it! 6750 rpm b4 u change gear! thats makes it warn up fast! LOL LOL LOL
MC.