slow fueling,very slow

I have a chrysler 300M and it takes forever to fill at gas station pumps!I have to just crack the nozzel valve to get it to start pumping and if it doesn't auto shut off at that point I just may be able to increase it ever so gradual before it auto trips on me. I have heard that other owners have had the same problem,a bronco,for example and that was commented by a service manager. I asked a service manager in brandon fl. and he suggested it might be the roll over valve sticking shut.He was the only manager that didn' say he didn't know what it could be.they all blame the service stations pumping pressures. Yes, I pull the nozzle out till the metal flap just about closes. Is there a SERVICE TECK. out there that can shed some light on this problem or do we all keep trading cars till we get a model that doesn't have that problem.

Reply to
william schoonover

Apparently not an uncommon problem.

There is a TSB #14-001-03 affecting 2000-2004 LHS, Concorde, 300M. Intrepid that cover this problem. You might read this thread on

forums:
Here's a snippet from the TSB to wet your appetite: SUBJECT: Fuel Tank Slow To Fill OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves correcting any or all of the following items as necessary: ? Kinked/plugged fuel tank vent lines ? Replacing the fuel tank control valve ? Replacing the Leak Detection Pump (LDP) filter ? Unplugging or replacing the fuel tank fill tube assembly MODELS: 2000 - **2004** (LH) LHS/300M/Concorde/Intrepid SYMPTOM/CONDITION: The fuel tank is slow to fill because of lack of venting.

Amazing that problems like this and their solutions are documented by the manufacturer and the dealers don't even check the TSB's (or pretend not to know anything about them)!

Bill Putney

This happened to me (and my 300M) once, maybe twice, in 4+ years of ownership.

I thought it was a problem with the gas station I was at. I don't recall if I went to another one on that same day or not. I think that at the time there was some weird weather (or extreme temp or humidity or something). Problem went away on it's own.

Ah- I remember that I eased the pump nozel out of the fill tube and let the gas pour into filler neck - and the pump still did the auto-shut-off thing. So it was the gas station pump in my case.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Probably not - see TSB #TSB #14-001-03.

Bill Putney

A friend who worked at a service station mentioned this long ago...if the pump trips off when you've just started pumping, stop the flow, remove the nozzle COMPLETELY from the filler tube, then reinsert and start pumping again. I know it sounds foolish, but it really does work.

Reply to
Charlie

Are you shutting the engine off when you fill up? If not, the fuel system of most new vehicles is pressurized, which causes many gas station nozzles to shut off.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Reply to