2007 Focus wiper blades don't return to their home positions

I just got a Ford Focus a few days ago, and last night I forgot to turn off the wipers before shutting down the car. This morning, when I turned them off, they did not "bow down" and hide from view but remained in their "ready position". How can I get them to go even lower?

Reply to
tyler.parke