wiper blades

replaced the Bosch blades that were on my car with these

from Wal-mart.

Cheaper and work better

Reply to
Brian Foster

Brian Foster did pass the time by typing:

Yes, but for how long... :)

I'm sticking with Trico, they last about a year and the refills are inexpensive.

Reply to
DougW

Wiper blades... Don't need 'um. I use Rain Ex. Stuff works good. Only drawback, you have to reapply monthly 'cause it's effectiveness wears off in the elements. Ever go playing in the mud in your jeep, throw the wipers on and smear the mud all across your windshield? With Rain ex, one pass with the wipers and the windshield is crystal clear. (Ok, so I still use wipers... just not as much!)

Reply to
Clay

The smallest size they make is 16". Won't fit CJ's - YJ's - TJ's

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I can't stand Rain-X.

No matter what I do, or how well I rub in in, or how well I rub it off, it leaves an irritating film on my windshield. On my '02 TJ it caused my wipers to chatter badly. Chattered for weeks, even after replacing the wipers and after many cleanings trying to remove the Rain-X.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Scouring powder like Bon Ami or Ajax to remove wax (which is all rain ex is) and buildup from the windshield. Works good to clean all the waxy buildup from drive thru car washes too. That crap they spray all over your car will make your wipers chatter to beat hell.

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Clay

mabar did pass the time by typing:

I buy a pair of 24" wipers for the rear of my ZJ, then cut them in half and get four out of a pack. :) It's cheaper than buying the 12" blades.

Quite a few of the blade types can be cut down. All depends on how they hook in.

Reply to
DougW

Me too. Hate teh stuff and it never does work the way they say it does.

Personally, I like the new wiper blades that have teflon in them. They cost a little more but are good for about two years.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Will cleanser like Ajax or Comet scratch the windshield?

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I love the stuff. We brought back a Waggy from Berkley, 150 miles away on a rainy day with non-functioning wipers.RainX did the job. It keeps ice and dust from sticking too.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Ajax, etc. won't scratch glass. Of course, there may be windshields out there with some sort of coating on them that could scratch though... I've never heard of one but what do I know?

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Clay

I tried the teflon ones (don't remember the brand...) and I hated it. If I could only now remember why... just that I got rid of them pretty fast (and I go years on a wiper blade) Sievehead Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Clay proclaimed:

If you get rid of that pesky windshield, you wouldn't even need the RainX.

Reply to
Lon

Bon Ami won't. Also works for cleaning wiper blades.

mabar proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

KJ.Kate proclaimed:

I've got a set of silicon blades about to come up on 4 years that still squeegee.

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Jeepsters and FC-170s dont have folding windshields. Are they imitation Jeeps??

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Been there, tried them, total crap. They didn't' fit the window contour well and they chatter. Had to stop and switch it with the old passenger side one to continue driving due to lack of clearing.

Mike

Mike Romain