another fuel gauge problem:

I have a 2002 ZX5.. It is about 3 days out of warranty. I filled up the car and the fuel gauge dropped to empty and the fuel indicator light went on
and then the engine warning light went on. I made an appointment for Monday at the dealer. Today the gauge went to full and the fuel gauge indicator light went off but the engine warning light stayed on. I've read the posts about faulty senders is this one? Are there any tech. service bulletins out on this?
<... I've read the posts about faulty senders is this one?
Probably, although as far as I know 2002 Focuses are not supposed to have this problem very often (mind you it can happen on any vehicle). Sorry about your warrantee, but maybe if you talk to your dealer really nicely they'll back-date it.
Just to be sure you might try using your trip odometer to monitor your distance from the last fill to see if the problem is going to re-occur often.
The dealer replaced the fuel pump with the sender at no charge. I don't if there was no charge due to it being so close to the warranty or because of tsb or if it is part of the power train warranty but I'm not complaining. Hope this fuel pump assembly lasts.

Glad to hear it. Mine was replaced in 2001 and has been fine since.

The pump and sender is one integrated unit, so he didnt have much choice really..
Tim..
Did you find out why the engine warning light went on? Was there a fault code logged?