Automatic Windows Up Module?

I installed DesignTechs Lights On! module so headlights automatically turn on and off in my 2000 US Focus ZTS and I love it... I was wondering if anyone knew of any aftermarket modules that could be used in a focus to have
the windows all close automatically after you turn the car off... or if anyone knew of a mod to have the windows operational without the key in the ignition?
TIA
--Mike
That sounds interesting Mike. Sort of like Ford's "Autolamp" system, is it? Could you give us more details? What was involved in the installation, and what did it cost?
Rob
------------------------
"Mike S." wrote ...

It's pretty cheap only $50... here's the site... http://www.designtech-intl.com:8080/merchant.ihtml?pidT&lastcatid &step4
Installation really wasn't that complicated... they have the manual on the tech support site, but you have to register... it's under Home Product Manuals then Lights On! 20012... or if you don't want to register email me at m i k e @ r i s n y . c o m (no space) and i can email you a copy of the pdf.
Anyone know of any auto window roll up modules that'll work on a focus?
--Mike
I'm in the UK and on my second Focus. The first, a 1999 Ghia 2.0l, would automatically close any open windows by keeping the door lock button on the remote key fob pressed for about 3 secs. My current car, a 2002 Ghia 2.0l (the face lifted version), does the same to close the windows but will also open all the windows if you keep the door unlock button pressed for about 3 secs. Useful in hot weather though living in the UK I don't tend to use it much :-) Give it a try, the US spec cars may have the same feature.
--Graeme.

:>I'm in the UK and on my second Focus. The first, a 1999 Ghia 2.0l, :>would automatically close any open windows by keeping the door lock :>button on the remote key fob pressed for about 3 secs. My current car, :>a 2002 Ghia 2.0l (the face lifted version), does the same to close the :>windows but will also open all the windows if you keep the door unlock :>button pressed for about 3 secs. Useful in hot weather though living :>in the UK I don't tend to use it much :-) Give it a try, the US spec :>cars may have the same feature.:> :>--Graeme.
Damn, no such luck here in "hot" Arizona. US spec 2001 Focus SE Station Wagon and 2002 Focus ZX5, neither of which worked trying your trick. Knowing Ford, it most likely involves plugging in an undocumented relay somewhere to activate it. :-)
HOT ZX5
:>
:> :>>I installed DesignTechs Lights On! module so headlights automatically turn :>>on and off in my 2000 US Focus ZTS and I love it... I was wondering if :>>anyone knew of any aftermarket modules that could be used in a focus to have :>>the windows all close automatically after you turn the car off... or if :>>anyone knew of a mod to have the windows operational without the key in the:>>ignition? :>> :>>TIA :>> :>>--Mike :>>
I also tried it on my U.S. built 2000 wagon. No joy. Too bad - that would be a handy feature.
Rob

Ditto for my US 2001 wagon. Darn it!

electric windows on all four doors. Mike.H,

My US 2001 wagon has electric windows on all four doors. I assume Rob's does also.

I stand corrected. Definitely on UK Ghia spec. cars with all electric windows. Could the parts be sourced from UK and retrofitted to US spec cars. Try your local "friendly" Ford dealer. Mike.H.
"Mike.H" wrote ...

My local dealer isn't quite so friendly, we're no longer on speaking terms, and they have a restraining order against me : )
Rob
Yes, my focus wagon does, in fact, have four electric windows.
Can you imagine what a great car the Focus would be if you could combine all the available features into one car? My first picks would be the Euro front end and the German Automatic Climate Control System.
Rob
From: "Tony Wesley"

its called " Global Closing" check your handbook my 2002 car had it I cant remember exactly how to activate it It can be turned on and off by a combination of presses on the key or a sequence of locking and unlocking my new car is the 2 door ST170 2003 of course cos it has 2 doors it doesn't have the Global closing so I cant check it for you I must admit I do miss it an after market alarm system or add on to your ford alarm will have window closers on 2 or 4 windows I had a Piranha system fitted to my Escort for that reason just to close the windows when centrally remote locking the car the modern alarms will work on the ford key so you don't need an extra remote in uk it cost me 180 of our quids for the alarm and 2 front window closers my 2002 focus had an after market Piranha alarm working on the ford key my ST has the Ford alarm so I didn't bother with the closers .... YET