Brake droning

I have severe brake droning. I vaguely remember that the problem started when I changed the front tires to the rear but now it's really bad. It starts at about 30 mph and builds until about 60 mph where it levels off. I
saw the posting about the person who changed his worn tires which seemed to fix the problem but wondered if anyone else had any experience of this noise.