Droning noise from front offside wheel, i think.

My X-type has a loud droning noise that occurs at any speed, under power or not, the only consistent thing about it is that any pressure on the brake pedal and it goes for the duration of the pedal.

The noise is intermittent and not dependant on cornering!

Any ideas?

2001 2.5 se
Reply to
Adrian

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me, get it checked sooner rather than later.

Alan M

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Reply to
EdFielder

Thanks, I don't think it's the bearing as it was checked when it first started and no fault was found!

I will try the wheel swap, I have also been told it could be the pads moving slightly and rubbing when they do and that 45deg chamfer will fix the issue! and views on this?

I will try the wheel swap at the weekend and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian, In my opinion , if the noise was not notices at startup but prevalent after a run, then it could very easily be a worn or ungreased bearing, it doesn't;t take much time to loose the grease for the front at all..It wouldn't hurt to pump some fresh in there just to see..Tires can certainly growl or make noises you are not used to hearing...Just my two cents worth..

tribal

Reply to
denniscuster-news

Reply to
David Mifsud

Check up under your wheelwell for a preacher or politician

Reply to
Jim Insolo