307 Droning

Hi all,

This one has the Pug Techs baffled (or in denial). The problem started around 12,000 miles...the car has now done 42,000 miles and it still remains.

The car starts to make a droning sound as you reach around 55mph and this continues until you hit around 75mph, it also increases when I turn to the right between these speeds and can be felt as a vibration through the steering wheel to the point my hands go numb after a while.

As I spend most of my time driving between these speeds I am getting very frustrated by Peugeot saying they can't find anything wrong with it. Our company has dozens of 307's of the same spec and they dont have this characteristic, even the loan car they lent me didn't do it.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

What about the tyres? I had a similar problem with a Citroen BX some years ago. New front tyres fixed it.

Reply to
Crazy Aizy

Problem started on the factory Dunlops, changed to Goodyears and the problem remained. Dealer has also ruled out wheel bearings????

Reply to
Nick (UK)