Focus prices in UK

Hi, I'm currently thinking of buying a used 04 plate 1.6 focus zetec, but am wondering if I should wait until the new 2005 version comes out to see if
the price plummets. Is it likely to go down much or is it not worth the wait ? Personally I'd rather get it now but if I'm gonna save a couple of grand it might be good to hold off until January.
Any thoughts ?
Cheers,
Mark.

will fall sharply when the new model is launched.
--
Paul Giverin

Paul Giverin wrote:

I assume so too as the 2005 Model is said to be bloody awesome!

    If you can stand horrible overuse of flash Ford have a taster site at http://www.allnewfocus.co.uk /
--
Tim.

Paul Giverin wrote:

Having said that, there are some substantial discounts available on 54 plate Focii - 2 to 3 grand seems to be standard.
writes

EG- 54 reg, between 2 and 4000 miles TDCi Zetec 5 door's at 11,495 at my local Ford dealer.
Tim..
Sorry to sound a bit thick, but what is the difference between 04 plate and 54, and 03 and 53 ?
Sounds like the prices are dropping a bit already. What would you say a good deal would be for a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 '04 plate with anything up to 15,000 miles on the clock (in the UK) ? Its make my mind up time, pay for my current car to get through the winter, or just buy a new one now..
If I'm going to be saving less than a grand, I may aswell just get one now. If we are talking 1500 to 2000 then I'll probably wait, since we are talking about a 5 year hire purchase deal here.
Cheers,
Mark.
--
" Tim (Remove NOSPAM." < snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:clg3vq$i9p$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...
54 is 2nd half of the year 2004, and 04 is first half... 03 is 2003 etc...
-JB
Mark wrote:

A 1.6 Zetec on an 04 plate ought to be a quid under 10k max, probably less.
Tim.