Intermittent alternator light

I have a focus 1800 diesel (2000, X). The engine starts and runs fine but the alternator light will come on randomly, when this first occurred I took
it to my local garage (not ford dealer) the alternator was changed suspecting the regulator. However the same thing is happening after the alternator change. The battery is being charged at between 14 and 15.5V.
I have enquired of the nearest Ford dealer and they say they can put it on WDS for 63, but will this solve anything ?
Any help would be great.
Seasider
Problem solved.
I returned the car to the place the alternator was sourced and they found the lead for 'Smart Charge' to the alternator had rested on a hot surface and burned through. Spliced an extra bit of wire and all is well.
Seasider.