Need Help w/Driver Side Pwr Mirror Replacement

Looking for some insight on replacing a drivers side power mirror on an '02 Focus SE. The Chilton's manual procedure looks pretty straight forward but would like to know if there are any "gotchas" before I attempt. Also found some web prices in teh $48.00 range, is this average?

One more, what does the (w/o SVT) mean regarding the mirror description?

tia!

cil

Reply to
Cil

It is pretty straightforward. Just make sure you don't drop the 10mm bolt down into the door, otherwise you'll have to remove the entire interior panel to retrieve it. There is a small torx screw in the door jamb that needs to be removed as well. The factory service manual that I have shows this as being a clip, but on my car it is most certainly a screw, which can cause you trouble if you are expecting the mirror to pop off after removing just the bolt.

Sounds like a pretty good price. My local dealer was quoting about $55+tax recently.

It means that the mirrors fitted to the SVT Focus are of a different design and thus if you have an SVT, this isn't the part you want.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Sturgeon