Re: 2.0 Zetec vs. 115hp TDCi

said,
It was 50 - 70 mph in top and 5th. Anyway, the ST170 is in a whole different price class than the TDCi, and beyond what I want to spend. A fair comparison would be the 2.0 Zetec to the TDCi, which was my original question.
Stephen
Add pictures here
βœ–

one
last
keep
flies
Swiss alpine passes are a large part of my driving. I'm starting to get bored of winding my MX-5 or Corolla GTi out in every gear to make decent progress.
Thanks for the valuable comments.
Stephen
Add pictures here
βœ–

*************************************
!!
You are a very, very lucky chap, indeed! :)

Enjoy whatever Focus you get - let us know how the TDCi does in the mountains! ;)
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

driven
is
prolly will be better than petrol car cos the turbo counteracts the lack of oxygen at higher altitudes. (more or less) so performance will remain strong.
Tim..
βœ–
Diesel engine is heavier than gasoline. When I was in the Ford dealer, a girl came with his 2 weeks old car with problems in the front brakes. I looked at the rear and of course it was a tdci. Don΄t ask me what it is, but it is like this.
Add pictures here
βœ–

but
40 - 60kg maximum. If that is the true cause of the discs wearing prematurely, Ford has bigger problems in their design team to worry about. I highly doubt it, or shall we all leave our passengers at home?
Add pictures here
βœ–