rear door latch

Lately when the power locks engage I heard an extra bounce back sort of noise from one of the rear doors. I didn't really think much about it until today
when i went to test the door and realized it wasn't locking :-(
Anyone had this problem before?
It's a 2000 focus se 4 door with power locks and keyless remote.
I'm bummed because I was planning a bit more christmas shopping and now I realize I can't take that car anywhere and leave it in a parkinglot in Chicago...
--
John Nelson
I have had problems with my focus with this since I bought it - it always seems to get worse in the cold weather and wont lock al lthe doors from the passenger side.

I had this problem with two doors, turned out the servo motor inside was weak/broken. About 100 Euro just the part for one door. Some people had luck with cleaning it, but I wouldn't wanted to take it out twice in case of failure. It isn't that hard on the rear doors, but not that easy at the front doors.
[..]