Uk New Zetec climate Pack

Hi, in March I'm hopefully receiving the zetec as above with aluminum finish. The engine is 1.6 Duratech Ti-VCT 115ps as they don't do a 1.8 with the new range. What is the difference between the two 1.6 engines
on the new ford focus.
Cheers

The difference between the 1.6 VCT 100 and VCT 115 is software and nothing else.
The old Zetec E 1.8 was not quiet nor efficient enough for the new model.
I've not driven a new VCT 115, but when I do I expect to find it not as good in grunty terms (mpg might well be better) as my current 1.8.- unless Ford have fitted it with quite short gear ratios, which means it'll be noisy on the motorway...
Tim..
Hi in the brochure it says 1.6 74 kw 100 ps and for the TI-VCT 84kw 115ps is the VCT one more powerful or is it just as you said.
Cheers
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. wrote:

As Tim said , its just the software on the ECU that governs the power output. Same as the TDCi 100 and 115.
MC

Despite it saying in the brochoure that the 115 has VCT and a dual length intake manifold in reality, they both do- its cheaper for Ford to make them all the same engine and jusrt change the software.
Which then makes it easy to buy the 100ps and chip it back to 115-120bhp. ;-)
Tim..
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. wrote:

Which you then need to notify the insurance people about.
I thought when this was last discussed the feeling was than the camshaft profile was different for the two power variants (or was that the TDCI)?
--
Chris Game

He who laughs last thinks slowest!
tdci is just the ecu.
i remember the old 115/130 escort and mondeo where cams, throttle body and ecu.
MC.
--

"Chris Game" < snipped-for-privacy@example.net> wrote in message
news:9yk3row7jk3t$. snipped-for-privacy@example.net...
Is the 1.6(100) a VCT engine? and the 1.6(115) having Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing that's how it gets more power.

No, they are both one and the same engine. The software the ECU runs is the only difference.
Tim..
Interesting.....Spoke to a salesman at local Main Dealer and he said the 100 engine is carried over from the old model Focus and that the 115 is new and physically different. Has anyone seen the two engines side by side?

Hmmm well i have seen both cars bonnets up side by side at a press launch some weeks ago now-they were pre production examples- but both had the same engine. The press pack said both were the same with only software being different.
Tim..