1991 f150 6-cyl all shift positions drive forward

If you crank the engine in park it is in park, if you crank it in neutral i t is in neutral. The problem comes when you shift to any gear it goes into drive even if you shift back to park or neutral it drives forward. Reverse drives forward also. It also shifts a little hard going into 2nd. It will s till only crank in park or neutral. I can shift into neutral and roll backw ards with the engine off, but if the engine is on and I shift to neutral it drives forward. This is my teenage sons truck for school and work so any h elp would be very appreciated.

Reply to
claytonblank001

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 6:24:31 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

it is in neutral. The problem comes when you shift to any gear it goes int o drive even if you shift back to park or neutral it drives forward. Revers e drives forward also. It also shifts a little hard going into 2nd. It will still only crank in park or neutral. I can shift into neutral and roll bac kwards with the engine off, but if the engine is on and I shift to neutral it drives forward. This is my teenage sons truck for school and work so any help would be very appreciated.

Take it to a transmission repair company. Or go buy a used transmission from a local salvage yard. They should be less than $500, and will require some work to remove the hoses and cables the salvage yard people generally just hack off with a blow torch.

Best regards, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 4:24:31 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

it is in neutral. The problem comes when you shift to any gear it goes int o drive even if you shift back to park or neutral it drives forward. Revers e drives forward also. It also shifts a little hard going into 2nd. It will still only crank in park or neutral. I can shift into neutral and roll bac kwards with the engine off, but if the engine is on and I shift to neutral it drives forward. This is my teenage sons truck for school and work so any help would be very appreciated.

still there ?

on the side..name is ?

Reply to
avagadro7

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 3:24:31 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

it is in neutral. The problem comes when you shift to any gear it goes int o drive even if you shift back to park or neutral it drives forward. Revers e drives forward also. It also shifts a little hard going into 2nd. It will still only crank in park or neutral. I can shift into neutral and roll bac kwards with the engine off, but if the engine is on and I shift to neutral it drives forward. This is my teenage sons truck for school and work so any help would be very appreciated.

CAREFULLY drop the valve body and don't flip it over or anything then set i t down on the bench, wrap it up and take it to a transmission shop making s ure nothing is removed or falls out, let him split the case and see what's up buit there's problem in the shift mechanism..

Reply to
Jorje Pablo