1999 F-350 6-speed transmission woes

I have had a big chunk come out of a gear in my transmission, which created a flapping noise while in overdrive.

I've only got about 50,000 miles on the truck.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

This looks to be a very expensive repair, and the truck is no longer under warranty. Guess I'll be eatin' beans and taters for ages to cover this one...

Reply to
John D. Wilson

Sorry about your bad luck!

Had a "slip ring" fall off inside the 97 F250 E4OD transmission when I had

51,000 miles. Raised hell with the dealer (I purchased the truck new). They and Ford worked something out so the $2500 - $3000 repair bill cost me $500 PLUS I received a free extended warranty to 100,000 miles or 2 years.

Dealer was a real good guy for helping me.

Mike

Do not reply to the e-mail address above - too much SPAM! Post replies to the group!

Reply to
Mike Erb

Thanks, Mike.

I've talked to the service manager, and he appears willing to assist me in getting Ford to give me a break on this thing.

The truck is still in the shop, and has been for over a week now...

Reply to
John D. Wilson

It took the dealer about 10 days before I saw the truck again. Hope all goes well with you in your dealings with Ford.

Mike

Do not reply to the e-mail address above - too much SPAM! Post replies to the group!

Reply to
Mike Erb

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Sure wish Toyota had a truck to compete with Ford's SuperDuty line, though...

Reply to
John D. Wilson