302 ho

i have a 86 mustang, and it surges in low gear, like a cam lope but not smooth at all, the rpms surge at an idol also, from 600- 1200 rpms, i need some help, you know the problems that could be any number of things, but ideas are best when put together. you guys are a master of fords....thanks

Reply to
mark

Try changing cap/rotor/plugs/wires, clean out the throttle body and IAC valve, also change the fuel filter. If you do all of these and the problem still persists, reply and let me know exactly what you did and what mods are done to the car and I may be able to help. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

thanks eric, i have changed the plugs, wires, cap , rotor, and filter, ill go to work on the throttle body and see what that does, thanks

Reply to
mark

Hey try un-pluggin the MAP sensor... then starting the car..... Ive seen many fords have the same idle problem, and it's caused by this sensor.... MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure... Measures vacuum.. if it stops... replace the sensor.... should be about 15-20 bux at AZ

Good Luck LitlJoe

Reply to
Joe G