Air bag circuit

The air bag light is flashing code 32, high drivers side air bag circuit resistance, on our '98 Ranger. The service manual explains that, to avoid an unwanted air bag deployment, the battery must be disconnected and at least one minute allowed to pass before working on the circuit. Before following the factory suggested troubleshooting procedure, I'd appreciate any advice based on actual experience with this defect. Fred in Denver

Reply to
fb

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:37:29 -0700, fb rearranged some electrons to form:

Don't mess with it. Take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

Reply to
David M