Are rims older or newer?

Have oem 16"X7" 8 hole rims

How can I tell if these rims are the newer metric size or the older n16 X 7K DOT-T

2 050500 F81A-1007-LB

Don't know what year these are off of.

Thanks for your help!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Nelson

Do they look like the ones on this page?

16" x 7" Alloy Wheel For Vehicle: 1994 - 1997 Ford Pickup Catalog Number: ALY03140U80 $419 $324.95 Polished Finish, Deep Dish, 8 Hole, Single Rear Wheel

This also looks like the OEM rims that came on my 2000 F250 - except I think the ones I got are a satin on brushed finish.

Reply to
Martin Rogoff

Simply look at the holes where the eight lugnuts go. If the holes are tapered to accept a tapered nut, they are the old style. If the large center hole is tapered instead, they are the newer metric ones, as they are centered by the hub instead of the lugnuts. The metric hubs require a special lugnut that has an attached washer that is similar to a shakeproof washer/nut combination. The 16X7 wheel that you show at your link is for the old style. In other words it is NOT metric.

Reply to
Tyrone

On Wed, 04 May 2005 07:59:51 -0700, Tony Nelson rearranged some electrons to form:

F8 = 1998 part number

Reply to
David M

Yep, they look just like those! Tony

Reply to
Tony Nelson

They do have the special lugnuts and the lug holes are not tapered. Must be the newer/metric style. Thanks, Tony

Reply to
Tony Nelson

David, Thanks very much! Thanks to everyone that has answered. Tony

Reply to
Tony Nelson