E450 speedometer problems

Hi Gang,

I have a 1999 motor home on an E450 frame/Triton V10 engine. After sitting still for over a year the speedometer is going haywire. Engine off it pegs over to the 100mph mark. Engine on, it drops back to 40mph and fluctuates there while driving. I've replaced both the differential sensor and the one that goes in to the transmission with no effect.

Any other ideas before I take it to the shop?

Thank you very much in advance for any answers!!!

Regards,

DonL

Reply to
DonL

Take a look at this url and read through all 9 or 10 pages.

One guy talks about speedometer problems associated with this failure.

Reply to
samstone

pages.http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/196821-odometer-blackout-problem-fi...> One guy talks about speedometer problems associated with this failure.- Hidequoted text -

Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

Reply to
DonL