loss of power

I just put a brand new stock 5.0 in my 93 f150 and a brand new AOD transmission, but I am somehow losing a good deal of power. I have 33 inch tires on the stock suspension and rear axle. Is that where I'm losing it or could it be something else? I have checked all the vacuum lines as well as the fuel lines and it all seems to be fine. The spark plugs are splitfire plugs gapped at .054. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
M2MaDeuce

The first thing I'd do is change those plugs for some Autolites. Then compute your gear ratio using the size of your new wheels......

MM^^

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The biggest part of his problem is likely the 33 inch tires with stock gears and a 302. It will be so so with a 4.10 and be a slug with anything taller with those tires and engine. Some 4.56's would wake it up. Feel free to use axle ratio/tire size calculator below anytime

SnoMan