Racks and camper shells

I'm thinking of build my own cargo rack and maybe even a shell for my '99 F150 Supercab short bed.

I'm tentatively planning to use Unistrut like one would find holding electrical conduit and such.

I was wondering if anyone has done so or knows of any do it yourself designs/plans.

-- Josh

Reply to
JDub

My father has done this a few times and it seems to work fine for him, expect to get some comments from your friends though.

Reply to
JSMMV

I wonder about biplane technology. Could you make a frame with emt, then cover with canvas and dope it? A paint job that explains the construction would make it cool.

Reply to
Bill M

Not exactly what you asked for but some interesting ideas for the do-it-yourselfer:

Jay

Reply to
Jay

Thanks for the replies. I found this design myself:

I haven't decided what I'm gonna do yet, but this is the best design idea I've seen so far.

-- Josh

Reply to
JDub