04 Impala Body colored Tail light panel

Saw some 2004 Impala's at Chevy today. The body colored tail light assembly that is optional on the Impala LS with the LS Sport Appearance Package ( $1495 ) is a $750 option on the
base model Impala and also includes a trunk lid spoiler. Its called the Sedan Appearance Package.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~267,300 miles_~_~_

yeah its insanely expensive, my roommate wanted to get it but after looking at the price (which is GM for us, and was around $400) he said screw that, wasnt worth it for what looks like some chinsy aftermarket appliques.
PDX.
Your friend getting a price at the dealer for the colored taillight panel to add to his car reminded me of a similar story when the Bonneville was new,
I went to the Pontiac parts department at a different Pontiac dealer than the one I bought the car at. At that time I wasn't friends with the dude I know at the Chevy dealer where I get parts now at his cost.
Anyway........I wanted to buy the storage armrest for my car. It had a flip out cup holder, coin holder and the interior base was slotted at the back to hold 4 CD's or 7 Cassette Tapes.
My car had a solid padded armrest, so I didn't need the mounting bracket or bolts.
I told the guy what I wanted, he looked up the PRICES for all the INDIVIDUAL PIECES. The Storage Armrest wasn't sold whole it was all in Pieces.
Cover ( Cloth padded ) Base ( Cloth padded ) Cover Hinge Cover Release Button Cup Holder Coin Holder $25.00 Mounting Bracket Mounting Bracket Bolts - 3 Bracket to Base Bolts - 2 Nylon Washers - 2 Bracket Trim Cover Cover Hinge Screws - 8
The guy added up 3 Pieces, I think they were the Cover, Base and the hinge and he was up over $300.00
$300.00 plus For a goddamn armrest !!!
He asked me if he should keep looking and adding, I said " HELL NO"
I told him I'd buy one in the junkyard in a few years for $5.00........and I did,
I found one a few years later in a 1986 Olds 88, same color light grey as mine in perfect condition. The coin holder was gone so I had to buy one at the dealer. Shampooed the cloth and the inside too and it looked brand new, The inside is that black fuzzy material.
Funny thing is it only cost $175.00 for an interior upgrade to a different cloth pattern on the seats & door panels and it included the storage armrest !
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~267,300 miles_~_~_

list price ourselves...
Of course going to the junkyard to look for these isn't going to be a possibility for at least 5-8 years, since if someone is going to total their high sport appearance Impala, they are probably going to take a hit to the rear and ruin the covers anyways...