Panel light problem

Have a Versa 2012. I noticed this morning that if I turn on the headlights on a dark gloomy rainy morning the panel lights (speedometer, tach, etc.)
go off. No switch I can find to turn tham back on. Pretty sure I've not seen this problem at night or I'd remember it.
Any way to correct this?
TIA
On 20-Sep-16 6:00 PM, KenK wrote:

Check your side and tail lights still work with headlamps on as cluster lights use same switch contact.

Not sure what you mean by side lights. The tail lights go on with headlights. Panel lights go off. Daylight when I did this test.
On 20-Sep-16 6:51 PM, KenK wrote:

Side lights are "clearance" lights in Nissan owners manuals. May also be called parking lights. These light with lighting switch in 1st position, headlamps come on with switch in 2nd position.
Obligatory front position lights in the UK vehicle lighting regs.
Silly question? Did you reposition the Dimmer knob?

Dimmer knob?
I found an instrument light control next to the side mirror position adjustment controls below the dashboard and this seems to work. Can't test it because that rare very dark stormy morning situation hasn't repeated.