1990 Buick LeSabre

Hi!

Just purchased a nice '90 LeSabre - the driver's back seat is at too much of an angle for me to be comfortable - when I tried to adjust the seat, there was no control that I could find. My manual says there should be a manual lever or an eletric control but I can't find either?! Help!

P.S. - There's a "button" on the back of the drivers seat that I don't know how to operate - I've tried pushing, pulling, pressing - by hand, I guess I'm not strong enough.

Please help1

Mary in Arizona

Reply to
Mad

Is it a 2 door of 4 door?

Is it a power seat or manual? Not all Buicks had Reclining seats back then.

Is it the original seat ?

Buick has the recline lever on the left side of the driver seat cushion

- about a four inch long handle that can't be missed.

Power seat switch is also on the left side.

Your owners manual would have instructions in the on how to operate the reclining seat it even if your car isn't equipped with a reclining seat.

If its a two door and there is a button on the lower back portion of the back rest that is the unlock botton to fold the seat forward so rear seat passengers can get out.

I had a junkyard seat from a 88 LeSabre a few years back and it was horribly uncomfortable. The reclining seat back moved in increments a little more than an inch at a time. There was no moving the seat 1/8 th or 1/4 inch.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,188 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face