97 Blazer "Shuts off"?

97 Blazer 2door 4.3 V-6 114k miles Occasionally over the last few month, it seems to "quit" for a second or so.

This has happened at hightway speeds, in 4th (auto trans, 2WD). When "it" occurs, the speedo drops towards zero, the other gauges will head act as if the key is off.. none of the idiot lights come on.. and then without doing anything it returns to normal. No shake, just a very short (1 sec? Less?) loss of power.

Once it happened at idle, foot on brake at a traffic light, requiring a restart. Once it happened in a parking lot while making a turn - car stalled, steering got hard! Had to restart.

I've checked the battery connections, cables, etc. The last electrical work done by anyone was a replacement alternator installed about 6 months ago. However, it seems to be cranking fine, always starts OK.. lights bright, and the dash volt- meter reads properly.

Thanks!

Reply to
Merlin

I have had this problem also with a '97 Blazer. Mine did this several months ago, several times, I had almost forgotten about it until I read this post. My Blazer has not done this for about six months and I did nothing to fix it. Mine just turned 74000 miles.

Reply to
The Adams Family

requiring

electrical