1993 CAVALIER - IGNITION

RECURRING ISSUE - INTERMITTANTLY THE DUMMY LIGHTS DON'T COME ON WHEN TURNING THE IGNITION ON. IS THIS JUST A MATTER OF DIRTY CONNECTIONS???? I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM WITH SENSORS BECAUSE SINCE I HAD THE
ENGINE REPLACED FOR A INTERNAL COOLANT LEAK I HAVEN'T HAD PROBLEMS FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
I'd check for bad grounds or a faulty ignition switch.