1997 Metro power steering pump

Any ideas how long it should take a shop to replace one? An hour, two, more? Thx.

R&R - 1.5 hours. With an overhaul - 2.6 hours.
Steve
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry, but I'm not up on the lingo. I don't know what R&R and "overhaul" mean in this context?

Jim Bancroft wrote:

R&R - "remove and replace" i.e. you have a new pump from the parts store ready to go in. "overhaul" - you decided to save some money and bought a rebuild kit instead of a new or reman pump, and are going to replace the bearings and seals yourself.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Perhaps a bit off topic, but my experience with overhauling GM power steering pumps has not been good. Did it once, pump shaft seemed to be okay. Started leaking very soon after I rebuilt it.
IMHO, the extra hour of time and the chance for failure outweighs the possible money savings on a pump.