1999 Cavalier heater fan

Today, on my '99 Z24, I seem to have lost the #2 speed on my heater/AC blower (my favorite setting after everything warms up). So, what should be
1-2-3-4 is now 1-1-3-4 In other words, at #2 switch setting, it's not dead, but blows at the lowest setting speed.
Is this something I can fix, and if so, what's involved? TIA for any advice.
The resistor card down by the blower is going bad and needs replaced. Very common problem on those cars. They stick in the airflow in the plenum and the lands corrode and burn open....