2000 Chevy Cavalier (P0440)

My check engine light keeps coming (P0440) on after the code is reset. I tried everything from changing the gas cap and checking connections. I was told the
wire going to the catalic coverter can set it off to. I checked it and it is secure. What should my next step be?
--
RickApril04
This is a problem in evap system for the fuel vapors in the tank, not the cat. conv. No quick fix here this must be diagnosed with a bi- directional scanner and trouble tree accompanying the problem.

-

Just a 1-in-a-big number probability, but look at the bottom of your fuel tank--if it has hit an object in the road, for example, the resulting dent may have damaged the seating of the vapor sensor that Shep mentioned. Seen it happen! s