2000 GMC Jimmy 4X4 AC Evaporator Drain

Can anyone tell me where to locate the evaporator drain for my 2000 GMC Jimmy?

Whenever the AC is used I start to hear a sloshing sound under the dash . It will disappear when the AC isn't used for a while. I have read that this could be caused by the AC evaporator drain being plugged. There appears to a plastic shroud around the evaporator where it enters the firewall. I have looked everywhere in that area for a tube or drain hole but can't seem to locate one.

Can anyone provide any clues to what I should be looking for? Where I should be looking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to
jamie.dornan

Look straight up from the passenger side frame rail, the drain looks like a ducks bill sticking down from the evaporator case about 2" from the firewall.

Reply to
Steve W.

Steve,

Thanks, I will take a look there and try to find it.... Thanks again...

Reply to
jamie.dornan