2001 Buick Century

I had my oil changed this morning at 90000. After about 20 miles the service engine light came on. Does anyone know where the plug for the code reader is? I have a code reader but have never
used it for this car. It was at the dealer a few weeks ago and it came back with the under dash cover loose so I thought it was under there. There is a maze of wires there but I don't see a plug for the code reader. Am I lookin in the right place or is it some where else.? Thanks Erine
I was looking in the wrong place. It s mounted even with the the driver's right hand. About the back of the dash and below the underdash cover. Very easy to plug in code reader. Code read was 1404 EGR closed, I not sure what that means but it time for a tuneup anyway. Ernie
Not for sure but might mean EGR valve is stuck closed?

Not for sure but it is supposed to be near the driver. Either under the dash or hidden in a compartment in center. It's by regulation that it has to be.