2001 Chevy Blazer Vent Control

I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer and suddenly the vent control stopped working. Temperature control works fine, as does fan speed, but all output now comes through the dash vents, no matter the vent selection made. The normal pneumatic 'hiss' is there when I try to change the vent setting, but now it is continuous as opposed to the short duration that is customary as the vent deflectors change position.

Help! And thank you in advance, Bill Hughes

Reply to
Bill Hughes

Bill- I had an '02 that did exactly that. Couldn't get it out of 'face' vent mode. Took the dealer about three days to figure it out. Some switch or valve in/on the auto tranny burped and sent dexron fluid throughout the vacuum system. They needed to replace all the tubing and switches etc.. Officially the service order said, -control assembly hvac-[instument panel]-replace a/c. This was at 15465 miles OD

Reply to
Otherdude

Thanks for the info. May be similar, as I'm just coming up on 148k myself. Vacuum system will be the first thing I check.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Bill Hughes