Heater vent control

Car: 1992 Dodge Dynasty, 3.3L, A604, 160,000 miles.

Just noticed today that no matter which button I push on the vent control, heat only comes from the defroster outlet. I no longer hear the vacuum being relieved like I used to when I changed the settings, nor do I hear the vents opening / closing.

Does anyone know of a common point of failure that might cause this? It could give me a starting point before I go and troubleshoot each portion in trying to track down the cause.

Thanks!

Bret

Reply to
Bret

Check the main vacuum connector at the brake booster or the check valve at the booster. The default position is defrost mode whenever vacuum is lost.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks, that will be the first place I look.

Reply to
Bret