2002 Buick Regal LS, Ideals hi but no pwer?

I have a 2002 Buick Regal LS 3800 series engine. Has ran fine until now. Startes easy, but it ideals at 2000 RPM and has no power when you try to drive it. What could it be? I have no owners manual so I don't even know
where to start looking. Can you help me out please.