3.8 Series II

I currently drive a 90 Buick LeSabre with the old 3800 V6. Is the new 3800 Series II engine as good as the old 3800? Will it run as long as my 90 Buick which has 200K? I'm also wondering about fuel economy of the series II engine. Thanks.

Reply to
Zane Warren

No, it's not as reliable. You would be better to grab a GM car that has the Series III engine in it. Less chance of have mechanical repair problems.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

One big problem with my series II is the plastic intake manifold. Other than spending 700 dollars to get it replaced, I have not had any problems with my 3800. Fuel economy has been excellent, 26 to 29 mpg on the highway in a 1995 Olds 98.

Reply to
Terry