86 camaro digital dash problem

bought one today.. runs great 305 t-top underbody awesome BUT the display and radio don't come on.. I am new to the digital dash but have seen them
and like em.. Anyone know what this could be ?.. I have checked the fuses and they are all good.. thanx for any advice

This may sound stupid, but did you check the illumination button? It should be by the headlight switch. It turns the brightness of the dash and radio lights up and down to your liking. If it is all the way down, you won't be able to see anything. Also, does the entire radio not work, or just the display?
just the display. When I turn on the lights.everything else lights up as it shoulf but no numbers appear.. the radaio comes on as I can hear it crackle
wrote in message

I would guess that they are separate issues then. Is the radio stock? Does anything on the dash light up at all? The dash itself could be bad. Maybe take the dash apart and check the connections at the back.

Signals work bnut don't blink on display, rpm not workin, speedo not on.. Dash lights are working, I think the speedo head is dead. I found one at a wreckers.. If this don't work I'll convert to old school.. BUT I like the digital.. makes the car look newer than it is

Good luck with the one from the wrecking yard, let us know how it works.

I wil.. I know these were bad units. I may even convert it to a aftermarket digital setup.. IF the wreckers one dies.. I hope it is good @ $100 AS is deal

Couldn't you take the Camaro out to the wrecking yard and test it out before spending the $100? One of my older Bonneville SSE's had a partly digital dash, which didn't work when I bought it. I had to get a wrecking yard to special order it from another Province, but (if memory serves) they let me test it out before buying it. They also offer a 90-Day (usually) warranty. Turned out the dash worked great. Another option (if it doesn't work) is you could have one of the dash's sent into one of the places who re-build them.

the car is in peices and here in ontario most wreckers won't promise electrical.. replacement but that will do me no good as if this is dead..nobody has one.

I guess it depends on where you live. I am about 45 minutes away from Toronto, and the wreckers around here are usually pretty good, especially the smaller ones.

Well.. I took the dash apart and found a broken wire from the last retard "thinking" he new how to wire up a horn bypass LOL.. oh well.. After I spliced the wire I tried the display that was in the car.. DEAD ! I mean this thing is a paper weight.. SO I used the one I bought for $50 as is no warranty never seen it work and it works awesome BUT I think it is going out as well... a hum like coming fromt he rpm part of the display..I don't care as I was only convcerned with the wiring being good soI can get the 2 rebuilt.. Now I can rip her apart and restore it. Thanx for the replies..

Good luck with the Camaro. They are awesome cars.