90 Buick Regal Gran Sport 3800

The service engine soon light just came on, is this serious?
I have a haynes repair manual for the codes but do I have to bring it to a shop in order for me to read these codes or can i make my own device for
reading them?
Cheers,
Use paperclip to terminate ALDL (was was it something else .. ) and then read the codes from the check engine light

You can use a jumper wire (or paperclip). See here: http://www.troublecodes.net/GM /
-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey
Kevin Sundberg wrote:

One thing i found out is that you need to read the 1 flash, pause 2 flashes 3 times before it actually tells you the error code.
Thx for the info.
Cheers,

way